July 24, 2009

Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara Review


What a mouthful!! Just for someone to say, "Yeah, I use the Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara."

My mom picked up the copycat yellow tube a while back, and is not impressed. I jumped at the chance to use this stuff, remembering that I've seen it in on TV.

"It's absolutely horrid. It may give you length, but defiantly not volume. It made my lashes look very stringy."

First off: it seems to me like it's an imitation of the Covergirl Last Blast Mascara. Not cool.

The packaging is similar to the orange tube. Its a wide, bright yellow tube is accented with purple, the cap quite large as well.

When you unscrew the cap, a large, messy wand appears, drowned in the mascara. "Plus, it smells nasty."


BEFORE USING

AFTER USING

As you can see, my lashes may have length, but there is clearly no volume. Length may be good, but volume is great. And for me personally, I prefer bolder lashes instead of the natural-looking ones.
The mascara flakes off really easily and smudges throughout the day. I can honestly say this is the worst mascara I have ever used besides the organic stuff (Who really needs organic mascara, anyway??)

I am not really a big fan of Maybelline's mascaras, but I do love there foundations! :)