March 1, 2009

It isin't some magical creature who lives online! It's real!!

I was in the big city of Seattle on Friday, selling cookies with three other members of our scout troop. While strolling down the street for a free haircut at Sassoon, the magenta interior of a nearby boutique strikes my attention. Involuntarily, I cancel it out, thinking it was some crazy random shop.
So there me and my mother stand on the street corner, some random guy next to us. I look over at the shop again, and the name catches my attention. Betsy Johnson. I literally start jumping up and down, clapping my hands, "Its BETSY JOHNSON MOM!!! BETSY JOHNSON!!!" I imagine the random dude looks over at me like, what in the world?!
Once we cross the street, I dart over and gaze in the window. "MOM! MOM! That's- that's the Evening Tea Party dress!!! You know, the one on my bulletin board?!" The Evening Tea Party dress first caught my attention while searching online. It comes in a variety of colors, all poufy and frilly.
I stand there gazing though the all-glass door, hazel eyes wide. I stare in disbelief for a moment.
We have to get to the salon quickly, so my mom says we can go in quickly after the appointment.
AFTER THE APOITMENT-- I practically dart in and touch the amazing dress. My mom looks at the price as I droll over it. "It's so pretty." I exclaim softly, gazing over the pink-and-white version.
"It's also almost five hundred dollars." My mom says, glancing at the tag.
We have to leave to get back to in front of AE Outfitters, where we were selling.
That dress is absolutely divine. If I had $500 with me, I would have bought it in a heart beat.
My mom is also into fashion, but she holds me back to making snap decisions.
As we walk away, I am still hyped-up, "I can't believe it [the store] is real! It isn't some magical creature who lives online! It's real!!"